The meeting and conference rooms are not currently available for reservation.
Section 1. Statement of Purpose
The meeting room facilities of the Roanoke Public Library are primarily for the use of the library for programs that promote library services, or for the City of Roanoke sponsored events. When a meeting room is not in use by the Library or a City Department, the meeting rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis to Applicants as described in this policy
Section 2. Priority for Use of Rooms
The priority for use of the meeting room facilities shall be the following:
- Library programs or programs in which the Library is a sponsor, participant, or cooperative agency
- Meetings, programs, and activities sponsored or conducted by the City of Roanoke and/or its administration
- Community applicants’ eligible uses
Applicants that are based in Roanoke will receive priority over those originating outside the city.
Section 3. Eligibility of Use
The meeting room facilities of the Roanoke Public Library may be used by non-profit educational or community organizations or groups for educational, cultural, intellectual, governmental or charitable meetings, forums, presentations, or similar activities.
The meeting room facilities at Roanoke Public Library may not be used for:
- Commercial uses
- Private social events such as, but not limited to, birthdays, anniversaries, wedding receptions, showers, and/or parties
- Any program, meeting, or event that threatens or undermines the primary purpose of the public library or materially interferes with the public’s access to library facilities, the safety of users and staff, or the protection of library resources and facilities
Section 4. Reservations
The Library Manager, or a designated library staff member, of the Roanoke Public Library shall have overall responsibility for reservations and room use and shall provide an application form to be filled out by Applicants desiring to use the meeting rooms.
- Room reservations must be made in person and by a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Reservations may not be made more than six months in advance and must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Notice of cancellation must be given at least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled program. Cancellation of a reservation without 24 hours’ notice may result in the denial of future applications for use.
- The Applicant is responsible for any damages to the room or its contents.
Section 5. General Rules of Use
After the library schedules all its programs, other educational and community non-profit organizations may apply to use the library’s meeting rooms. The following Rules of Use apply:
- Attendance at functions in the meeting room is limited to: Meeting Rooms A&B 100 people
- Meeting rooms are available to outside organizations only during hours the library is open. Meetings must conclude and the meeting room facilities vacated at least 15 minutes prior to closing the library. Library hours are:
- Use of the Library’s meeting room facilities does not constitute the Library’s or the City of Roanoke’s endorsement or approval of viewpoints expressed by participants in the program. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsement are not permitted.
- Applicants are responsible for setting up tables, chairs, and other equipment provided with the meeting room facilities. Setup arrangement of the room is the responsibility of the Applicant. Setup and cleanup time must be included in the reservation time. The meeting room facilities must be returned to their original arrangement.
- Smoking or the use of tobacco products is prohibited in the meeting room facilities.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the meeting room facilities.
- If special equipment is needed by the Applicant, such as a projector, microphone, video player, etc., arrangements must be made at the time of submitting an application and making a reservation.
- Any videocassettes or videodiscs used in the meeting room must have public performance rights.
- Applicants may not charge admission, accept donations, or take collections.
- Applicants may not sell, offer for sale, or deliver sales, or any way advertise merchandise or services.
- Applicants may not use nails, thumbtacks, etc., to attach anything to the structure or to the furnishings.
- Any equipment, supplies, or personal effects stored or left in the meeting room after use are not the responsibility of the Library or the Library Manager and any such items will be discarded by the Library personnel.
- Abuse of the facilities or failure to comply with the decorum consistent with Library needs may result in denial of future applications for use.
Conference Room 10 people
Monday – Thursday 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
To apply for use of the Conference or Meeting room, please fill out this form and either scan and email it to Alicia Holston at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the library. If you have further questions, you may call the library at 817-491-2691, or send them directly to Alicia Holston via email.