Certified Police Officer Lateral Transfer Program
Roanoke PD Certified Police Officer Lateral Transfer Program Salary:
- 2-3 years of experience: $60,904.00
- 4-5 years of experience: $64,613.00
- 6-9 years of experience: $66,551.00
- 10+ years of experience: $68,547.00
The following requirements must be met in order to be considered for the lateral transfer program:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous experience as a paid, full-time certified Peace Officer at a comparable law enforcement agency. Out of state applicants must challenge and pass the TCOLE state exam before a final job offer is made by the Roanoke Police Department.
- Have worked for a law enforcement agency in a municipality as a sworn police officer where they had the authority to enforce laws, investigate crimes, make arrests, respond to calls for service, carry a firearm, and use discretion as part of their assigned duties in the United States or U.S. Territories. (Time served as a reserve officer or other type of unpaid peace officer will not be used to calculate an applicant’s time on active service for qualification for the lateral entry program.)
- Applicants must have no more than a 90 day break in service from the time they separated from a comparable law enforcement agency.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver License at the time of hire.
- Must be licensed by the Texas Commission in Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment screenings to include: a written examination, physical ability test, an extensive background investigation, psychological exam, physical and drug screen.
- Must have no pending disciplinary actions or investigations for misconduct or criminal activity.
- F5 must reflect an Honorable Discharge from all previous agencies.
If you have any questions of concerns, please contact:
Detective S. Pettigrew
817.491.6052 or email