Certified Police Officer Lateral Transfer Program
Be a part of our team!
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. For more information or to apply, click here!
Roanoke PD Certified Police Officer Lateral Transfer Program Salary:
- 2-3 years of experience: $63,949
- 4-5 years of experience: $67,843
- 6-9 years of experience: $69,878
- 10+ years of experience: $71,974
The following requirements must be met in order to be considered for the lateral transfer program:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous experience as a paid, full-time certified Peace Officer at a comparable law enforcement agency. Out of state applicants must challenge and pass the TCOLE state exam before a final job offer is made by the Roanoke Police Department.
- Have worked for a law enforcement agency in a municipality as a sworn police officer where they had the authority to enforce laws, investigate crimes, make arrests, respond to calls for service, carry a firearm, and use discretion as part of their assigned duties in the United States or U.S. Territories. (Time served as a reserve officer or other type of unpaid peace officer will not be used to calculate an applicant’s time on active service for qualification for the lateral entry program.)
- Applicants must have no more than a 90 day break in service from the time they separated from a comparable law enforcement agency.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver License at the time of hire.
- Must be licensed by the Texas Commission in Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment screenings to include: a written examination, physical ability test, an extensive background investigation, psychological exam, physical and drug screen.
- Must have no pending disciplinary actions or investigations for misconduct or criminal activity.
- F5 must reflect an Honorable Discharge from all previous agencies.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Detective S. Pettigrew
817.491.6052 or email