Be a Part Of Our Team!
The City of Roanoke, Texas Police Department is now accepting positions for the position of police officer. Please click here for more information.
We invite you to visit www.discoverpolicing.org to see what policing is all about.
- U.S. Citizen
- Twenty-one (21) years of age
- High School Diploma or GED, and thirty hours of college with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, or three years active military, or two years full time law enforcement experience
- Must comply with TCOLE minimum standards for licensing
- Team Oriented
- Criminal Investigations
- Traffic Division
- Bicycle Patrol
- Community Services
- School Resource Officer
- Fairness / Equality
- Starting Salary: $57,407- Certified, $50,185 - Recruit
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/Sick Time Buy Back
- Longevity Pay
- TMRS Contribution 2-1
- Weapon/Leather Gear Provided
- Tailored Uniforms
- Dry Cleaning of Uniforms
- TCOLE Certification Pay
- Education Pay
Applicants must be able to pass a written exam, physical ability test, comprehensive background interview and investigation, oral review board, and medical and psychological exams. For more information contact Detective S. Pettigrew at 817-491-6052 or by email.
Physical Abilities Test Requirements
|1. Cardiovascular assessment/Aerobic Capacity||1.5 mile run||16:28 time requirement|
|2. Anaerobic Power / Sprinting Ability||300 meter sprint||1:11 time requirement|
| 3. Muscular Endurance Test / Lower Body Endurance
|1:00 time requirement||29 sit-ups|
| 4. Muscular Endurance Test / Upper Body Endurance
|No time requirement; must rest in up position||25 push-ups|